May 8, 2009

Mother's Day


I finally got our Mother's Day cards and gifts taken care of! Whew! I always put these things off until the last minute but this year with the baby coming, I can't be sure that last minute will even be an option. I thing the wrapping turned out nice (except that I ran out of double sided tape though so you can see the scotch tape on the sides - I'm OCD about that). Of course it turned out nice! I reused the wrapping from the package I received from Kimberly in the Pink and Green Swap! Let's call it my late contribution to Earth Day.

I am messing about with my camera some more, and I like how I was able to get the back to fade out in this picture using the lowest aperture. I can't believe how amazing our camera is - what a great investment!

I also (almost) finished the cards for my mom and my mother-in-law. I used this great message gift box tutorial (and free template download!) created by Cathe Holden and hosted by Amy at Living Locurto. As you can see there are two different template themes...this manila one:


And this Victorian/Shabby Chic style:

Now all I have to do is sit down with hubby and write "reasons I love you" on the little cards to stuff in the boxes. That's the easy part! The template download for each style includes at elast one card (sized about 2x3 inches) but instead of using it as a template to cut out more, I used these lined notes from A Print A Day.

1 comment:

  1. Katie - Thanks so much for the visit and comment and for the great tip about where to find swaps. I have signed up for the Sherbet Blossom swap and I am super excited! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete