May 25, 2009

Spring Children's Book Parade: Food Fight!

Today's book post for the Spring Children's Book Parade (hosted by the six o'clock stitch) is Food Fight! by Carol Diggory Shields.

This is a fabulous book!! As I said yesterday, I don't often like "new" books, but this one's an exception. The premise of the story is that all the foods in the fridge just go cuckoo-crazy after we're all in bed at night. The story is in rhyme, with repeating phrases so it's a lot of fun to read with our preschooler and the illustrations are very comical and really, really well executed. Doreen Gay-Kassel did all the illustrations in clay and the personalities of each food are expressed on their "faces". I really do wish I had a picture to show of the illustrations up-close - they are impressive!

This was one of my favourite books to read with my niece before she got too old for it :( I highly recommend that you try to get your hands on a copy of this book!!
Make sure to stop by the six o'clock stitch and look in on the Spring Children's Book Parade to find out what books other readers recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment