April 28, 2009

Why can't I sew like this?


Kathleen over at Grosgrain is giving away this beautiful "Picnic Frock" she made.

My eyes popped out of my head when I saw it - it reminds me somewhat of the lovely costumes in The Sound of Music. Her photo-shoot turned out amazing too, but that's not too surprizing - as you can see, she's really photogenic. I'm so in awe of people who can actually make something this beautiful that still looks beautiful when it's on a person - being able to put together the fabrics and colors and shapes, but then also being aware of the human form - it's very cool. Someday, maybe I'll attempt something like that but not yet!

If you don't read Grosgrain you should definitely head over and check it out - it's a very pretty site and Kathleen hosts lots of giveaways, yet without making her blog a boring read (I think that's impressive!)

No comments:

Post a Comment