July 20, 2009

Menu Plan Mondays

After reading over some really inspiring blogs (Cheap Healthy Good - seriously hilarious- and Simple Mom) I've decided to join Menu Plan Mondays over at I'm an Organizing Junkie (follow the link to see other meal plans). My plan is two-pronged: 1) eat what we already have (hence the pasta & mac'n'cheese) and 2) plan each meal with a grocery list so I buy less and throw out less at the end of the week (and hopefully save myself some time and braincells too!)

Monday:
  • Lunch- Chicken Chili
  • Dinner- Pineapple-beef Stir Fry
  • Dessert- Mango Pudding

Tuesday:

Wednesday:
  • Lunch- Leftover Chicken Picadillo
  • Dinner- Hot Dogs, Beans, Mac and Cheese
  • Dessert- Rice Crispy Treats

Thursday:
  • Lunch- Leftovers
  • Dinner- Pasta & Meatsauce with Broccoli
  • Dessert- cupcakes
Friday: On the road!!
  • Pack up Chicken Salad, whole wheat bread, trail-mix, fruit & cupcakes.

All my meat this week is out of the freezer so I only need to buy fruit to snack on and broccoli for Thursdays' dinner. And on Friday we're leaving at the crack of dawn (okay 6:30 is not really the crack of dawn...at all) to see my brother in Nashville!! Wahoo! We'll see how we do eating on the road...

2 comments:

  1. sounds good to me! welcome to MPM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rice krispie treats. The next time I make them I want to either dip or drizzle them in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete